Dec 7, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 7

Wednesday, December 7, 2011
What was the strangest thing that ever made your gift wish list?

Well if you know one thing about me at all you know I love having fun. I always joke about being immature and never growing up. This question made me think of a funny story.

I was growing up (age number wise) and went to Christmas on my Dad's side. My Grandma Elshire always got us kind of matching gifts. Like all us kids would get a Furby (Wow remember those?).  Then the adults might get like bath towels or something an adult would enjoy. One year when I was probably like 15ish. I got the "adult" gift at Christmas instead of the kid one. I literally cried. I remember crying to my mom when I got home and asking why she would do that. Why would I get the adult gift. Why would she do that to me. My mom called Grandma and they talked. Of course my grandma just simply thought I would want to be treated like an adult. Nope not me. I never wanted to grow up.

To this day I'm 32 years old and I still get some toys for Christmas. It's just the kid in me. I love being young at heart and want to enjoy what life has to offer for as long as I can. I might be older but I've never grown up.



No comments: