Oct 3, 2018

Vacation Day 10

Today we headed back to the visitors center. Our combo ticket we got yesterday with the bus tour included a movie, cyclorama, and the museum. So that was our plan today. First we watched a movie that was narrated by Morgan Freeman. He has such a beautiful voice. The movie was exactly what  I needed. It really made the whole thing make sense. Finally I understand. Plus I can remember the things we seen in person yesterday and it really all clicks. I just needed it explained more clear. After the movie we went to the cyclorama. What is that you ask?

https://www.nps.gov/gett/learn/historyculture/gettysburg-cyclorama.htm

Please go to that link and see the more official explanation. To explain from my point of view. It was an amazing full wrap of the whole entire room painting. It showed the battlefield and you felt like you were in the middle of it. They did a presentation on the painting by lighting up certain areas. There were also loud noises like cannons being fired...
It was really neat and so detailed. After the movie and cyclorama which lasted 45 minutes we walked through the museum. It was huge! I think you could get lost in there. They had several smaller movies to explain more details and so many exhibits. I was very impressed.

We ate lunch at the cafe again and then went shopping at the gift shop. Jeremiah found a ton of things he couldn't live without. He loves history as much as I love stitching. He found several books, magnets, shirts, and postcards. He was a happy kiddo. Another history filled day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

The cyclorama sounds really interesting. Sometimes I am better and watching something than listening, we all have differing skills of how the mind processes information a teacher friend told me once.

Astrids dragon said...

Another wonderful day, I'm so glad you're having a good time. It's been so long since we've been there and I don't think Nathan has ever been.