Jan 7, 2024

The People's Choice -- Designer of 2024

 

The lovely Jo has had a fun blog event to join in. I missed so many and I just seen this will be the last. It does take a lot to post for but it's always fun to see what people post about. Anyway stop over to her blog to see who played along this time around.

This month is a fun one Designer of the Year. My tastes have changed lately and I'm stitching more for myself. I've definitely noticed a big change from my long time of nautical stitching for mom. I found 2 new designers lately.

Cottage Garden Samplings

I fell in love with her new series which very much surprised me because I don't normally like houses...

I don't know why I just love these so far and I love the ideas of the ones coming next. I just can't wait to see them. I have special ordered some 40ct fabric and if I ever receive it I will finally get to start the Santa's House. So pretty. 

The other designer is Les Petites Croix de Lucie. I found them on 123stitch.

I'm doing the Halloween Potions pattern...

Then I also found this fun Halloween chart and realized it was the same designer...

I found a pattern in a magazine that I really liked. I marked it to start this coming fall season possibly. I glanced to see who designed it...Yep same designer haha...

So evidently I like their artwork haha. I also have a few gnomes from this designer in my ever ending stash pile. They have a lot of really cute gnomes. These 3 above will more than likely be started this year though. 

Thanks Jo for hosting this fun blog event.

7 comments:

jocondine said...

The cottage garden houses serie looks fabulous, I hope you'll stitch many of them and will follow your progress on Santa's house soon. xxx

Rachel said...

I like how our change over time, often due to reading blogs and discovering new designers and etsy stores through them/
Lucie does have some really lovely charts; I'm so glad we don't have a 123stitch equivalent in the UK and that overseas postage is ridiculously expensive! Looking forward to seeing the houses - that certainly is something new for you.

Pamela said...

Both of these designers are new to me. I like the set of houses and will check out this designer.

Faith... said...

I love the two Halloween charts, especially the banner with just the word. I am surprised the third one is the same designer. The houses are cute and I'm interested in seeing each month's release.

jhm said...

Katie

I bought the Santa house but haven't been able to get out to buy the Castle. I am really looking forward to stitching the Castle.

Jackie

Astrids dragon said...

Ooh, such a cute series from Cottage Garden! I thought about it, but who knows when I would get to it.
I LOVE your Halloween ones, especially the potions one, what fun!
The fall one is lovely too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I'm thinking of keeping the January post going!
Love the new series from CGS but I think I will just pick selected ones from it.
Isn't it nice when you discover the designs you like are from the same designer too?